Saturday, January 12, 2013

Been away for a while

I have been busy since my last post and hopefully this year will be better than the last.  No more surgeries!! I have had a few.

Since today is a cloudy, drizzling day here in Arlington and my legs and back are not really cooperating I thought I would spend the day looking at quilting blogs, watching the Syfy channel and updating my blog.

I have been a busy quilting monster.

I have made three baby quilts from one pattern, Ashley's Journey, from Piece of Pie, second edition by Brenda Bailey and Bonnie Bailey.

I used two different Moda fabric collections and used other fabric for the backing.
I made one boy quilt using a layer cake of Kasuri,

















Miss Kitty loved the quilt but hates being cold.  She would not lie down on the girls' quilts.

Now for the girls fabric I used another layer cake from Moda, Coquette.  I can only show one of the quilts as a finished project as the second is for a friend's granddaughter.

















 

2 comments:

  1. Your baby quilts look great! And your Singer is a tight squeeze, isn't it? I wish the sewing machine dealers would warn us ahead of time how addictive quilting can be! Come over and see me sometime at sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com
    We are both new bloggers! Keep it up... I'd like to follow your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is a tight squeeze but I love it. I sure wish they would tell us. One day I will get my dream machine, Viking Diamond Deluxe... haha

    ReplyDelete